The Town of Rockglen invites applications for the position of Summer Staff Seasonal position: 40 hours/week possible start date May 24, 2018 to September 1st, 2018 weather permitting.
Directly under the direction of the Town Foreman, this individual will be called upon to assist with maintenance of the Town. This includes but not limited to: assisting in all Town maintenance, dealing effectively and courteously with the public and co-workers, grass cutting, weed whipping, vehicle maintenance/care, painting, landfill operations, tree cutting, adhering to all operating procedures and follow safe work practices as set out by the town Foreman.
- Person enrolled in post-secondary schooling preferred
- High school and non- postsecondary enrolled persons will be considered.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions for extended periods of time
- Experience working outdoors and manual labor experience considered an asset
- Must have the ability to operate weed whipper, mowers
- Have basic mechanical skills
- Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license
This is an hourly paid position. Starting wage depending on qualifications will be $15.00/hour
Skills and Abilities
- Landscape maintenance
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Hand Eye Coordination
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
Type of Machinery or Equipment
- Pick-up Truck
- Tractor mower
- Zero turn mower
- Weed whipper
Work Site Environment – Outdoor
- Collect refuse
- Cut grass
- Remove/collect garbage
- Oral communication
We thank all applications for their interest in this position, but only persons selected for interviews will be contacted.
Town of Rockglen
P 306 476-2144
F 306 476-2399 firstname.lastname@example.org