The Town of Rockglen is actively seeking a Public Works Labourer.
The responsibilities of the Labourer include but are not limited to:
- Public Works Maintenance Equipment Operators
- Heavy Equipment Operators
- Will include but are not limited to mowing, road maintenance, sign repair, fencing, shop work, water testing, snow removal, serving equipment and such duties as directed by foreman
- Assets for this position would include good management of time, excellent communication skills, good organizational skills and strong relationship skills with council, administration and foreman.
- Maintain and repair municipal equipment
- Operate the municipal equipment ie. Garbage truck, lawn mowers, tractors, snow blower, backhoe, tandem gravel truck etc.
- Promote and maintain workplace safety practices
- Work with and perform other tasks as requested by Council and/or Administration
- Maintain daily logs, equipment service records and inventory reports
- Assist in the maintenance and operation of the municipal water and sewer infrastructures such as underground lines, lift station, pump houses, wells, lagoons and water treatment plant.
Skills and Abilities
- Work Setting
- Landscape maintenance
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Hand Eye Coordination
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Type of Machinery or Equipment
- Pick-up Truck
- Tractor mower
- Zero turn mower
- Weed whipper
- Work site Environment
- Specific Skills
- Collect refuse
- Cut grass
- Remove/collect garbage
- Essential Skills
- Oral communication
- Applicant must hold a valid class 5 driver’s license
- Applicants with a 1A license will be given preference
- 3A license must be obtained within the first (3) three months of employment
- Applicant must be willing to complete operator certification as per The Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, 1996. Also must be willing to obtain their spray applicator license.
This is an hourly paid position. Wages negotiable and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Please include your wages expected for this position.
All applications/resumes shall be marked “Labourer Position” and emailed, faxed, mailed or dropped off at the address below on or before July 11, 2018. Start Date ASAP
All applications/resumes shall be marked “Public Works Labourer Position” and emailed, faxed, mailed or dropped off at the address below on or before June 13, 2018. Possible start date for this position will be in May 24th 2018 or shortly thereafter and dependent on the weather.
We thank all applications for their interest in this position but only persons selected for interviews will be contacted.
Town of Rockglen
P 306 476-2144
F 306 476-2399 email@example.com