2020 Curbside recycling will be collected on:
- February 10
- March 9
- April 6
- May 4
- June 1
- July 27
- August 24
- September 21
- October 19
- November 16
- December 14
Please mark your calendars and have your blue bins out to the curb by 7:00 am the day of pick up.
Single-stream recycling is a system in which all recycle materials – fiber, plastics, tin and aluminum – are placed, unsorted, in the BLUE Recycle Cart or Container.
- Cardboard, Boxboard, Office Paper, Newsprint, Junk Mail,
- Magazines and Catalogues
- Plastic Containers, Milk Cartons & Plastic Milk Jugs
- Plastics numbered 1 through 7 (No Food Containers labelled #1)
- (No oil containers or chemical jugs, no plastic wrap or bags)
- Glass – Residential Only (Food and beverage containers – must be rinsed)
- Tin and Aluminum Cans
(cans must be clean, with or without labels – no steel or auto parts)
The following is a list of items by area to help in knowing what to recycle:
Milk jugs & Milk cartons
Creamer cartons & bottles
Paper egg cartons
Soup ,Vegetable, and
any other food cans
Aluminum and tin cans
Plastic Juice bottles
Salad dressing containers
Cardboard boxes – unsoiled
Body wash bottles
Plastic hair spray bottles
Plastic shaving containers
Toilet paper cores
Plastic Pill bottles
Laundry soap containers
Spot remover bottles
Catalogues, Phone books
Sticky notes, Scrap paper
Cardboard boxes flattened
Bylaw No. 3-17 can be viewed in full at the Town office during regular business hours:
All properties shall participate in the Recycling Waste Collection system provided by the Municipality.
All Dwellings shall be provided with one recycle cart.
Any damage occurring to the recycle cart shall be charged to the owner in accordance with the general conditions of the contract with Loraas Disposal Ltd.
No adjustment in rates will be made for recycle disposal, regardless of whether carts are placed at the curb or not.
Interest on unpaid accounts shall be calculated at the same rate as set out I the Utilities Management Bylaw of the Municipality.
Bylaw No. 4-17:
Residents of the Town are encouraged to remove all recyclables, accepted by Loraas Disposal, from their waste stream and deposit them in the blue cart at home for pick up by Loraas Disposal.
The Town reserves the right to refuse to collect for removal any of the following waste:
- any receptacle, plastic bag, or waste item that does not have a tag affixed to it as required under Section any receptacle, plastic bag or waste item that is considered over-sized or overweight.
- any hazardous waste item.
- any waste material or item not accepted at the Rockglen Landfill Site.
- any other waste material or item that could be considered unsuitable for collection.
- any recyclables, plastic, glass, cardboard, tin and anything allowed by Loraas disposal to be recycled.